Saturday, February 5, 2011

Calories For Kindness


Day 309

I had about 20 minutes of extra time today before I had to pick up my son from his art class. After reviewing in my mind what I could do in that amount of time, I narrowed it down to walking to get some exercise or buy myself a treat. I went with the latter.

I got an awesome orange chocolate cookie at the cafe across from the building where the class was being held. And while I was there, I gave the woman who waited on me a couple dollars and asked her to buy a treat for the next person who came in after I left. She was initially surprised and commented what a nice gesture it was. She then added “And I'm going to do that for someone too.”

It was then that I knew that I made the right choice, kindness over exercise. I'll walk a few extra steps tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I like the act of kindness, but I really like the idea of an orange chocolate cookie. Always learning something new from you, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete