Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kind Of A Nice Kid

Day 323

I worked my shift this morning at the snack bar where my son plays basketball for the town league. It is not a very labor intensive endeavor; an hour of sitting and reading interrupted occasionally by a donut or Gatorade sale. While I was there, some kids were playing in the lobby. A boy about my younger son's age, ten, was engaged in some sort of pretend game with a girl who looked around two. He was so incredibly gentle, playful and protective of her all at once, it was a joy to watch them interact together.

As I was leaving I saw the boy walking out with his mother. I went over to them and told the mom what an impressive son she had, and what a great time I had watching him play. She beamed and told me that the little girl was her friends daughter, and that her son just adored her.

I know that I love hearing good things about my kids, so I was fairly certain that it was an act of kindness sure to be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. That was great.....talking with a stranger again..who may soon no longer be a stranger to you.clyn

    ReplyDelete