Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Survey Says Two Thumbs Up

Day 305

Last week I wrote about how my act of kindness was a complaint (Snow, Coffee and Kindness). Today, at the very same cafe I wrote about last week, I was given the opportunity to give my opinion about the employees.

When I bought my morning coffee, the young woman who waited on me handed me a slip with a website to log in and give feedback about my “experience” at this particular establishment. I was more than happy to oblige since I am there often and it seems that every person I encounter is efficient, friendly and it is just plain pleasant to be greeted by them first thing in the morning.

Well, OK, there is the one guy who seems to know everyone else's name and order except mine. I can't figure out why he knows the woman in front of me has a grande half caff soy latte and the man in back of me has a red eye iced coffee but doesn't remember I get a large bold every time. But he seems to be a hard worker and is quite good-natured. And it really isn't all about me.

When I got home this evening I went to the computer right away before I had the chance to procrastinate. For me, procrastination is the single most lethal weapon against plans to be kind. On the survey I sang the praises of the employees and said that this particular coffee shop was, without a doubt, my favorite.

It is hard to imagine that this message will get passed along and the staff rewarded in someway, but for the price of a little effort and a fight to ward off procrastination maybe, just maybe it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment