Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Fine Kind Act

Day 316

I needed to return a library book today that was over due. And it was book that I had borrowed from a friend, so my plan was to make sure I paid the fine when I dropped it off. I got to the library at 9:30 to find that it opened at 10:00. And I wasn't going to be able to come back later. What to do...?

I think my kindness mission has enhanced my skills in thinking outside the box . I attached three dollars to the book with a note to please pay the fine, which was well under a dollar (it was only 6 days late) and to please use the extra money to pay the fine for the next person who was late returning a book.

From daily fine to daily act of kindness.

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome idea. Thinking outside of the box comes with the territory of a kindness blog. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I would never have thought of that one....can you drop off a book at my library :) :) bye clyn
    PS this is a book you could donate much if not all of the proceeds to a charity..think about it

    ReplyDelete