Monday, March 28, 2011

The Receiving End of Kindness

Day 359

All day I hoped for an opportunity to commit a kind act that didn't involve money and that would be absolutely fascinating to write about.  By mid afternoon I was on my way to pick up my kids and I decided it was more important to do SOMETHING than wait, just in case something never happened.  I  stopped to get some seeds for our bird feeder and briefly considered whether that could be my kind act, feeding the birds, but decided against it. Kind of a cop out, really. Instead I bought a five dollar gift card from the store and asked the cashier to give it to another customer.  I've done this before so it neither original nor fascinating.  But I have to say, it sure was fun!

And shortly after I got home with the boys something even more fun happened. A woman arrived at the house to deliver flowers for me.  They were from my niece and her husband and the note read "It's give flowers day to you!  We are inspired by your kindness."

Being kind all year has had it's rewards, but I have to admit, being on the receiving end just melted my heart.

***********
Continuing with the top 10 reasons I am glad I did this blog, in no particular order, Number 7:

People from all over this country and over a dozen other countries have read the blog, helping to remind me that the world is smaller than it seems and we are all connected.


2 comments:

  1. Your entry made me smile on a very dreary and cold rainy day here in NC. Best wishes to you on your journey...keep it moving and maybe others will follow =)

    dailydoers@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete