Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Kind of Fun

Day 347

I stopped for a coffee this afternoon and while I was waiting, I was looking at the items in the pastry case.  There was something called a "cake pop," a bite sized piece of cake, covered in a chocolate coating on a stick, like a Tootsie pop.  I'm not sure why but it made me smile, The man behind the counter noticed and commented that he was glad to see someone admiring the pastries.  I thought that if it made me smile, perhaps it would do the same for someone else. I bought one and asked him to give it to another customer after I left. 

He was genuinely excited to comply and said that he really hoped another customer came in soon because his shift was over in five minutes.   While I aspire to be kind without resorting to spending money,  it is always fun to see the kick that folks get when they are enlisted in my kindness plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment