Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Kind Of Meant To Be?

Day 346

My boys and I put a couple cans of soup in the collection bin at karate tonight. It was for another students community service project, so  we considered it a kind act times two.

**************

Here's an update on an act from last week, when I asked the woman behind the counter at the pharmacy to help me out by giving someone a gift card  I had purchased (Partners in Kindness, March 9th ). Today I went into the same store and the woman who helped me called me over to the counter.  She wanted to tell me what happened when she gave away the card. I had instructed her to pick anyone she wanted to give it to. She chose a “young girl” (and when I asked how young she said “in her 20's which  made me feel a tad old)  and presented it to her before she checked out. And then it just so happened the the “girl” was short a couple of dollars and used the gift card to pay for her purchase.

I'm tend not to be “it was meant to be” kind of gal, but this did give a bit of pause to the cynic in me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, love it. Can you imagine the relief the young "girl" must have felt? I have been in that spot myself...cant help but believe that she will pass it on in some way.

    ReplyDelete