Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kind of Cool or Kind of Creepy

Day 361

There is a house about a mile from me that always puts up interesting decorations for most holidays.  Currently there is a mannequin dressed green in honor I think, of St. Patrick's Day.  They are off beat type of things, not your average everyday holiday decor.  The truth is that my kids find most of them a bit creepy.  I however, love them.  Every time I pass the house I smile, even when they are in between displays. Today I put a note in the mailbox to tell the owners of the house how much I enjoy driving by their house and thanking them for that bit of joy.

Continuing with the top 10 reasons I am glad I did this blog, in no particular order, Number 4 (If anyone noticed yesterday was number 6 and this should be number 4, I had two number 8s.  I may be kind but apparently I can't count):

I have remembered that way back when, I used to like to write.

****************
I have been asked frequently if I am going to keep up with this blog after the year is over, which is four days for those of you not paying a lick of attention to my count down.   The answer to that question  is a resounding NO. I've enjoyed being kind and will try to continue daily acts, but the commitment to write every day is only good for a year.   HOWEVER, I am planing a new, slightly less labor intensive kindness project with my friend Kim starting on April 5th.

Coming soon!  The ABC's of Kindness.

1 comment:

  1. "ABC... Easy as One Two Three...Or Simple As Do Re Mi, A-B-C, One Two Three, Baby you and me!"

    That's right! Betsy and I will be doing The ABC's of Kindness! I think I just found our theme song!

    A buh buh buh buh buh
    A buh buh buh buh buh...

    Sing it Jackson Five!

    Betsy and Kim will be singin' it too!

    Coming soon...

    ... to a blog near you!

    (I'm getting warmed up!)

    SS
    AKA Kim

    ReplyDelete