Friday, March 25, 2011

Walk for Kindness and the Cure

Day 356

An easy call today for an act of kindness for a stranger.   My niece, who is a fourth grade teacher,  posted on her facebook page that she is walking and collecting donations for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk for a Cure, in support of one of her students who has diabetes.  This is something that is near and dear to me in a couple of ways.  One, I love my niece, so supporting her is important.  And two, I love my husband, who happens to have type 1 diabetes. This made it quite clear what today's kind action should be.

Continuing with the top 10 count down of reasons I am glad that I did this blog, in no particular order, number 9:

It has been an avenue to be in touch with some old friends from my past which has been fun and helped me appreciate the importance of such connections in my life.

***********
I am frequently asked if I am going to keep up with this blog after the year is over, the answer is a resounding NO.  While I plan on kindness being part of my daily routine, writing about it every night will not be.  And there is the added pressure that I may be disowned by my family if I even attempt to consider it.  BUT, writing about it every couple of days, in collaboration with a friend?  That might be a fun idea....A new blog will be born soon and you can find it here: The ABCs of Kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment