Sunday, September 12, 2010

Boomerang Kindness

Day 166

I was on my way to an adoption celebration today when I saw the chance to commit an act of kindness not even a half a mile from my house. A woman had stopped her car on the street and was asking a man walking his dog for directions. I could tell by the way he was shaking his head that he didn't know the answer to her question. I pulled my car over, hopped out and asked if I could be helpful. In fact I knew exactly where she was going and sent her on her way. Had I not been doing this project, I'm not sure I would have stopped. I'd like to think I would have, but it is entirely possible that I would have just assumed she was being assisted and driven right past.

I continued on my way and then spent some time helping to celebrate the adoption of quite possibly the world's most beautiful little girl. As I was leaving the party I was presented with a plate of to die for cupcakes (and for the record I am not a big cupcake fan) with a message to tell my boys it was the kindness boomerang hitting them for the cookies and other treats they have shared as of late.

I was kind enough to deliver them, minus the red velvet ones with cream cheese frosting. Apparently the boomerang glanced me on the way by.

2 comments:

  1. I bet you saved that woman a lot of anxiety. Being lost is one of the most stressing things- especially when you ask someone for directions and they can't help you. Love the term "kindness boomerang"- I might borrow that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to borrow "kindness boomerang" especially since I borrowed from someone else as well! (Thanks Eliza)

    ReplyDelete