Thursday, September 30, 2010

An Eye to Kindness

Day 184

An easy act of kindness to fulfill today. It was open house this evening for the 6th grade at my sons' school. The letter that came home about it requested that parents bring an item for the local food pantry. I thought this was a great idea. There are about 250 children in his grade, so I was expecting to see stacks of food by the door when I went in. Sadly, it seemed that there was a very small amount collected. Apparently not everyone views such a request as the mandate as I do, or perhaps it's just that everyone was so focused on meeting their child's teacher they did not notice the request for donations. This blog has caused me to realize that there are often opportunities for kindness around us, if we only open our eyes to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment