Wednesday, September 29, 2010

You Can Tell Them I Sent You

Day 183

I met for lunch with an old friend today. She lives about an hour and a half from me, so we had to find a place in between. Fortunately we're living in the age of instant information, a fact that often annoys me, but today worked in my favor. A few clicks of the mouse and I found a great restaurant almost exactly midway between our homes.

It was wonderful catching up and the place we met was great too. The staff was friendly and the owner made his way around to all the tables asking how things were, as if it were an upscale restaurant, not a pizza joint pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Thus was born my idea for today's act of kindness; I would write a review on line.

When I got home I hopped on the computer, and wrote a few sentences, all positive. When I posted, it showed my whole name, first and last. I didn't like that; I'm not really sure why, since I said all good things. So I went back and deleted it. That took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to do. Then I wrote another one. Same problem. deleted that one too. Tried a third time. My act of kindness which I had planned on taking up about 5 minutes to do was moving past 45 minutes toward a full hour. The piles of laundry waiting to be folded were calling louder every minute. At that point I decided to say proudly using my full name “New York Style Pizza is a great place! If you are ever in the middle of no where in Connecticut, do stop by!”

Today I sacrificed anonymity for kindness. Or maybe maybe just so my family could have clean socks to wear.

*********
Today I am halfway though this project. 182 days left, if anyone is counting....

No comments:

Post a Comment