Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blog Fodder

Day 286

My friend P. had surgery this morning and will need to take it easy for the next day or two. On my way home from work I brought her some food for dinner and hopefully enough for lunch tomorrow too. A nice big container of Sausage Goodness (turkey sausage, white beans, tomatoes, and kale).

During this year of doing this project I have tried hard not to use acts of kindness for friends and family as fodder for the blog. My worry was that it might appear as if I were motivated by the need to have something to write about. For the most part, I have stayed true to that rule. But as my year of living kindly approaches the homestretch (79 days left, but who's counting), there are times that the end of the day rolls around, and a quick review reveals no act of kindness to a stranger. Today is one of those days. And rather than track down a stranger on whom to bestow a kind act, I am relying on the kindness of P. for allowing me to count my meal delivery as, yes, fodder for the blog. And trust that she knows I would have delivered it, blog or no blog.

P., here's to a speedy recovery, a good meal, and Day 286 being in the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment