Friday, January 21, 2011

Kindly Delete Please

Day 294

“Girls! Girls! Girls! Click here!” “Pole dancing!” “Quality stripper on line now!” These are some links I found on the Facebook wall of a local, reputable sports business. I quickly exited the page, realizing that someone had obviously “hacked” into it, as they say.

But then I thought about the business, and it seemed equally obvious that they had no idea what was posted for all their customers to see. The kind thing to do, so it seemed, was to let them know about it. I sent an email advising the owner to check the page, and said I was quite certain he wasn't the one posting.

It's a big bad unregulated world out there in cyberspace. I'm not sure all the kindness we can muster can keep it contained, but what would we be if we didn't even try?

No comments:

Post a Comment