Monday, January 10, 2011

What Came First?

What came first, the blog entry or the kind act? I must confess when I sat down the computer tonight I had nothing to write about. The end of the day rolled around with no blog worthy deed. And as I sat thinking I could do I noticed the stack of Christmas cards from friends next to the computer and remembered why I they were there. We didn't send any this year, so I was trying to at least send emails when we received them to let folks know that we were thinking about them, even if we didn't send our usual cards.

We used to send ours out around Christmas time. Then we changed it to New Years cards. Then the last time we sent them they were Happy Valentine's Day cards. This year we threw in the towel and didn't even come up with plan.

I had a couple left to respond to and this was just the motivation I needed. It felt good to finish and I hope that folks don't take an email as a poor substitute for a holiday card. I'm going with “it's the thought that counts” and I hope the recipients are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment