Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hold That Line

Day 280

My act of kindness today was something I didn't do. I didn't answer my cell phone when it rang as I was checking out of the grocery store. I knew it was my husband and I waited until I got to my car before I called him back.

I always wince when I see people on their cell phones while a cashier is waiting on them. It seems so devaluing to focus on the person on the other end of the phone rather than person who is present. I will admit I am probably more irritated and less tolerant of cell phones than many. I'm slow to accept they are here to stay as a prominent part of our culture. I use mine less than most people, but more than wish I did.

I've traveled further down the slippery slope of cell phone use than I ever planned, but hopefully I'm still holding the line on using it kindly.

No comments:

Post a Comment