Monday, January 24, 2011

Kindness in the Classroom

Day 298

I found an inspiring Facebook page today. It's called “Mrs. Andrew's 2nd Grade Kindness Project.” Their goal? To see how many people they can get to commit to one act of kindness. They are hoping for a million fans for kindness. I was excited to discover this for several reasons. One is obvious. How amazingly cool is it that a class of 2nd graders have made a commitment to convince people (hopefully a million of them) that being kind is important. It is apparent that this is a very special group of kids being taught by a very special teacher.

The other reason I was excited to find this page is that my motivation to write this blog, the kind act of a stranger who stopped to help me on the highway 25 years ago, happened right near Oneonta, New York, the very town where Mrs. Andrew's class is working from to spread kindness around the world. It seems to me that this that this area of Upstate New York clearly has an above average number of kind caring people.

So let's help Mrs.Andrew's class reach their goal, and show there are kind people everywhere. Please commit one act of kindness, and if you have Facebook account, become a fan of their page.

2 comments:

  1. Another great idea! I will post my act to their page, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool it is that you found this class and that the gentleman who showed you kindness lives so close to this class. This entry makes me smile as I think of the coincidence in how it all connects somehow.
    SS

    ReplyDelete