Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's Really Catching On

Day 284

This afternoon I did my favorite act of kindness, buying someone a cup of coffee. It is my favorite for no other reason than it is fun to do. The cashier was the same one I wrote about in a previous entry (A Cup of Kindness, Plus More). Today when I gave him the money and asked him to use it for the next person who came in after I left. He responded “Oh good, now this this means I will have to do this for someone else today too.”

A few months ago, the first time I asked him to do it he was surprised and expressed much joy in being able to participate in such an unusual request. Today it seemed that this “act of kindness” was no longer unique and had become part of his routine as well.

My goal in doing this project was simple. I hoped it would help my family and me insure that kindness was part of who we are and what we do. Knowing it may have had the same effect on someone else out there is fabulous bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment