Sunday, January 9, 2011

Circle of Kindness (Think Lion King)

Tonight I ran into the grocery store to get some eggs and, if you must know, toilet paper. It was dark but I noticed some kind of red cloth in the parking lot. I was cold and in a hurry so I started to walk right by it. But then I remembered I am kind, so I stopped to see if it was something that needed to be picked up. It was a small handmade knitted blanket, about three feet square, the most likely owner was an infant. Somebody would definitely miss it. It was in good shape and only slightly damp from the snow on the ground, so I don't think it was there there. I took it in with me and left it at the service desk in the store.

Since my husband had to make a trip today to recover my son's lost sweatshirt from the lost and found bin at the soccer field , it definitely felt like the circle of kindness was completed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment