Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shyness Takes a Back Seat to Kindness

Day 296

My son and I were in the elevator at the hospital today, there to visit a relative. A man got in in with us holding a bouquet of flowers in one hand, and in the other, an empty infant car seat. Using my Holmesian powers of deduction, I strongly suspected that he was a new father.

“Did you just have a baby?” I asked, and he replied “Yes” with a huge smile. “Boy or girl?” I followed with, of course. “A boy. His name is Mason.” came the proud response. I offered my congratulations, we got off the elevator and went our separate ways.

In the past I may have kept my speculation to myself, but this project has made me a bit less reserved, and sometimes more bold with strangers. In the year of living kindly, shyness is not a virtue.

2 comments:

  1. That's what makes a day memorable! How wonderful to find out that Mason was born that day... you know I have read this blogging about doing some kind act every day with amazement.. I am definitly paying more attention to life and our human brothers and sisters. Good for you! Wishing you an amazing day with God's blessings. Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is great! get out of that shell and talk with people!!! yeah bye clyn

    ReplyDelete