Thursday, January 27, 2011

Flowers For Just The Right Stranger

Day 300

Despite another foot of snow last night, we were not snowed in today, so I am happy to report it was another successful Give Flowers to a Stranger Day. I didn't have a plan, and hoped the right opportunity would present itself. At the end of the day I left work for home, still in possession of the flowers.

I stopped at the shopping plaza near my home and waited for a few minutes, still thinking I would just “know.” But when I finally realized there would not be a sign, I walked up to a woman loading groceries in her car and said “These are for you. It's Give Flowers to Stranger Day.” She looked surprised and asked “Really? Thank you.”

And her smile indicated to me that I had indeed, found just the right person

1 comment:

  1. aaww! I just celebrated GFTAS day too!! Hope I got the acronym right. :)

    ReplyDelete