Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Planning For The Holiday

Day 299

Tomorrow is the 27th of the month and you know what that means...Give Flowers to a Stranger Day, of course! There has been a storm in the forecast for a few days now and while everyone else was worrying about how it might effect their work schedule or if school would be cancelled or delayed (as my kids were hoping as they went to bed) I pondered how the storm might effect this holiday.

So I planned ahead, picking up a nice bouquet of Gerber daisies to be given to someone, I'm not sure whom, tomorrow.Even if, by chance, I'm snowed in I can leave them for one of my neighbors. Neither rain nor sleet nor snow will cancel GFTASD.

While I was at the store getting the flowers I bought a jar of peanut butter for the local food pantry bin. Planning for kindness tomorrow while acting kind today.

***********
Are you a new reader of this blog? Are you unsure what Give Flowers to a Stranger Day is? It happens on the 27th of every month. Some history of the day can be found in these previous entries.


It's That Time of the Month; GFTASD That Is
Monthly Feature
Flowers For A Stranger
Controversial Kindness
It's Sweeping the Nation
GFTASD
Flowers Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment