Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kind Intentions Communicated, I Hope

It was one of those days when I was just drawing a blank on the kindness front. Nothing spontaneous happened and I had no ideas, big or small. At 6 pm I dropped my son off at basketball practice and drove to the nearby plaza, hoping for some inspiration. I wandered into the grocery store, and as soon as I walked in the door, I saw it. A bucket of beautiful carnations, a dollar each, that I swear was put there just for me.

I bought three and distributed them on cars in the parking lot, feeling a bit like the kindness fairy. I did wonder however, if any of the recipients might find ita bit scary a flower on their car. It is has been said that the definition of good communication is that the message sent is the same as the message received. I hope that my intent, to be kind not creepy, was clearly communicated.

1 comment:

  1. carnations are my favorite flower, I'm sure it was appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete